- Developments in the fields of molecular glues, PROTACs and other new chemical modalities open exciting strategies to target proteins so far conceived as "undruggable"
- In particular, reactive cysteines are attractive targets for the discovery of new covalent drugs
- CysScout™ is a quantitative mass-spectrometry based chemoproteomics platform that enables the comprehensive mapping of reactive cysteines in a given system. Experiments in cells or lysates typically result in the identification of more than 20,000 distinct reactive cysteine sites for over 8,000 proteins
- We already indexed over 46,000 reactive cysteine sites for more than 9,000 proteins and counting. Proprietary data are available for many standard cell lines (reach out for more details).
- CysScout™ experiments with cysteine reactive compounds allow to uncover their molecular (off-)targets, to derive specificity and selectivity data, and to show target engagement
- Due to its high through-put capabilities this technology is well suited to screen large substance or fragment libraries
Kuljanin, M. et al. Reimagining high-throughput profiling of reactive cysteines for cell-based screening of large electrophile libraries. Nat Biotechnol 39, 630–641 (2021) [Link]
Weerapana, E. et al. Quantitative reactivity profiling predicts functional cysteines in proteomes. Nature 468, 790–795 (2010) [Link]